Jump to navigation Jump to search
corrido (plural corridos)
- (music) A Mexican or Mexican-American ballad or folk song.
- Hyponym: narcocorrido
- 2015, John Holmes McDowell, ¡Corrido!: The Living Ballad of Mexico's Western Coast, UNM Press (→ISBN), page 2:
- The Mexican corrido remains essentially true to these Iberian roots in regard to its poetic form and its handling of narrative subjects. It is probable that the term corrido is a shortening of the term romance corrido, meaning a through-sung ballad, as attested in Spanish usage during the sixteenth century (Simmons 1963).
- masculine singular past participle of correr
- world-wise, well-travelled
- decent, good, generous
- un kilo corrido de manzanas ― a generous kilo of apples
- hasta muy corrido la noche ― far into the night
corrido m (plural corridos)
- Masculine singular past participle of correr.