Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A stiff fabric made from cotton and horsehair.
- A stiff petticoat made from this fabric.
- 2022, W. David Marx, chapter 4, in Status and Culture, Viking, →ISBN:
- These standards have not just been oppressive but deadly. In the nineteenth century, stiff crinoline petticoats puffed out skirts so far that the cheap materials often brushed against open flames and caught fire. This arbitrary convention of dress caused three thousand women to be burned alive.
- A skirt stiffened with hoops.
- Any of the hoops making up the framework used to support cladding over a boiler.
- Netting placed around ships to guard against torpedoes.
crinoline f (plural crinolines)
- “crinoline”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
- plural of