Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Framework
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfɹeɪm.wɜːk/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈfɹeɪm.wɝk/
framework (plural frameworks)
- (literally) A support structure comprising joined parts or conglomerated particles and intervening open spaces of similar or larger size.
- (literally) The arrangement of support beams that represent a building's general shape and size.
- (figuratively) The larger branches of a tree that determine its shape.
- (figuratively) A basic conceptual structure.
- 2012 March-April, John T. Jost, “Social Justice: Is It in Our Nature (and Our Future)?”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 2, page 162:
- He draws eclectically on studies of baboons, descriptive anthropological accounts of hunter-gatherer societies and, in a few cases, the fossil record. With this biological framework in place, Corning endeavors to show that the capitalist system as currently practiced in the United States and elsewhere is manifestly unfair.
- These ‘three principles of connexion’ compose the framework of principles in Hume's account of the association of ideas.
- (software engineering) A reusable piece of code (and, sometimes, other utilities) providing a standard environment within which an application can be implemented.
- (literally) The identification and categorisation of processes or steps that constitute a complex task or mindset in order to render explicit the tacit and implicit.(Can we verify(+) this sense?)
a support structure comprising joined parts and intervening open spaces
the arrangement of support beams that represent a buildings general shape and size
the larger branches of a tree that determine its shape
a basic conceptual structure
the identification and categorisation of processes or steps that constitute a complex task or mindset
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked