Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) enPR: krĭtʹər IPA(key): /ˈkɹɪtɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɹɪtə/
- Rhymes: -ɪtə(ɹ)
- Hyphenation: crit‧ter
critter (plural critters)
- (usually endearing) A creature, an animal.
- 2013 July 26, Nick Miroff, “Mexico gets a taste for eating insects …”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 7, page 32:
- The San Juan market is Mexico City's most famous deli of exotic meats, where an adventurous shopper can hunt down hard-to-find critters such as ostrich, wild boar and crocodile.