- The condition of being an elderly woman; the time during which a woman is elderly.
- (Wicca) The elderly stage of a female Wiccan witch (compared with the Crone aspect of the Goddess).
2000, Beverly Engel, Women Circling the Earth, page 34:
- Many circles create ceremonies to mark a woman's passage into cronehood and designate special status to crones
2006, Ashleen O'Gaea, Family Wicca: practical paganism for parents and children, page 213:
- An archaic term, really, but I like it. crone: A menopausal or post-menopausal Wiccan. The time at which a woman assumes her cronehood is intensely individual.
- 2007, Kevin M. Gardner, A Handbook for Wiccan Clergy, page 29
- Grant (name) the gifts of inspiration, and a clear and quick mind as he/she approaches the honored state of (Sagehood/Cronehood).
2007, Ruth Barrett, Women's Rites, Women's Mysteries: Intuitive Ritual Creation, page 9:
- She speaks her commitment to herself as an elder and to the aspects of cronehood she will celebrate.
- (condition or time of being an elderly woman): anility
- (Wicca): sagehood