Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɛldɚli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɛldəli/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: eld‧er‧ly
- old; having lived for relatively many years.
- Of an object, being old-fashioned or frail due to aging.
- 1988, Anne Tyler, chapter 1, in Breathing Lessons:
- The car was parked toward the rear of the shop, an elderly gray-blue Dodge. It looked better than it had in years.
elderly (plural elderlies)
- An elderly person.
- (with article, collective) Older people as a whole.