- Present participle of crown.
crowning (comparative more crowning, superlative most crowning)
- Supreme; of a surpassing quality or quantity.
- a crowning achievement
- crowning glory
crowning (plural crownings)
- A coronation.
- The crownings of the two successive monarchs were only a year apart.
- The act of one who crowns (in various senses).
- 1860, Fraser's Magazine (volume 61, page 711)
- There were outflankings and crownings of hills by numbers of thirteen and seventeen men, that made one hold one's breath.