Jump to navigation Jump to search
crumple (plural crumples)
- (transitive) To rumple; to press into wrinkles by crushing together.
- (transitive) To cause to collapse.
- (intransitive) To become wrinkled.
- (intransitive, figuratively) To collapse.
- 2017 June 3, Daniel Taylor, “Real Madrid win Champions League as Cristiano Ronaldo double defeats Juv”, in The Guardian (London):
- Yes, Juve were unfortunate, in the extreme, with the deflected goal from Casemiro that gave Madrid a 2-1 lead just after the hour. From that point onwards, however, it was staggering to see a team renowned for defensive structure crumple this way.
to become wrinkled
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked