Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Likely to crunch, especially with reference to food when it is eaten.
- I put some lettuce in the burger to make it more crunchy.
- (slang) Having sensibilities of a counter-culture nature lover or hippie; derived from the concept of crunchy granola.
- San Francisco was a very crunchy town.
likely to crunch
crunchy (plural crunchies)
- (usually in the plural) A pellet of dry cat food.
- (military slang) an infantryman, as opposed to a tanker (combatant manning a tank)
- 2009, James Wesley Rawles, Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse:
- "Inside, tankers carry full-length M16s for crew protection from crunchies."
- 2009, Chris Bunch, Allan cole, A Reckoning For Kings: A Novel of Vietnam:
- Since tankers are no brighter than infantry types, those men assigned to the Twelfth Infantry Division's armored unit thought their tour was a bitter waste, rather than being grateful for not getting wiped out nearly as regularly as the crunchies did.
- crunchie (“chocolate sweet; infantry soldier; white Afrikaner”)