Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Having a crisp texture; brittle yet tender.
- These biscuits are very crispy.
- Baked rolls should be crispy.
- 1671, Tho[mas] Jordan, London’s Resurrection to Joy and Triumph, Expressed in Sundry Shews, Shapes, Scenes, Speeches, and Songs in Parts; […], London: […] Henry Brome […], page 3:
- […] on his Head a long and criſpy hair, […]
The word crispy relates to prepared food. The word crisp may be applied to other referents, including non-prepared foods such as lettuce and other objects such as paper, with essentially the same meaning.
having a crisp texture
crispy (plural crispies)