Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkjʊəɹət/, /-ɹɪt/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (General American) enPR: kjo͝oʹrĭt, IPA(key): /ˈkjʊɹɪt/
curate (plural curates)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kjʊəˈɹeɪt/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (General American) enPR: kjo͝o-rātʹ, kjo͝oʹrāt, IPA(key): /kjʊˈɹeɪt/, /ˈkjʊɹeɪt/
- (transitive) To act as a curator for.
- She curated the traveling exhibition.
- They carefully curated the recovered artifacts.
- (transitive) To apply selectivity and taste to, as a collection of fashion items or web pages.
- 2007 May 16, “TV Networks Woo Advertisers with Fall Line-Up”, in NPR_TalkNation:
- What I love about DVRs is that they really allow you to curate your experience of television.
- 2010 May, David Biespiel, “This Land Is Our Land”, in Poetry, volume 196, number 2, page 151-158:
- During the past five years I had the good fortune to be editor of Poetry Northwest. The magazine's mission includes curating a dialogue between poetry, the other arts, and civic life.
- 2010 November 28, Laura Compton, “Shopping sites redefine fashion”, in San Francisco Chronicle, Style, page G1:
- To grasp how this all works, think of the concepts of editing and curating, adopted from publishing and art but now used constantly in the fashion world to imply judgment, taste and discernment.
- 2011 February, Seth Porges, “Digital Clinic”, in Popular Mechanics, volume 188, number 2, page 105:
- From there, click the Notifications tab and scroll down to Groups. This will bring up a page that allows you to curate what sort of Group-related activity results in e-mail alerts.
- 2012 June 10, “TechBits: Fab lets you shop, if not sort”, in Washington Post:
- Sometimes, you just want to shop for the pure joy of looking at cool things. And the app for Fab, a curated shopping site, is just the place to do that.
- (intransitive) To work or act as a curator.
- Not only does he curate for the museum, he manages the office and fund-raises.