Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /dɪˈsɪdʒʊəs/
- (US) IPA(key): /dɪˈsɪd.ju.əs/, /dəˈsɪd.ju.əs/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
deciduous (not comparable)
- (biology, anatomy) Describing a part that falls off, or is shed, at a particular time or stage of development.
- (botany) Of or pertaining to trees which lose their leaves in winter or the dry season.
- Transitory, ephemeral, not lasting.
▼ English terms derived from the PIE root *ḱh₂d- (0 c, 27 e)
describing a part that falls off, or is shed
of or pertaining to trees which lose their leaves in winter or the dry season
transitory, ephemeral, not lasting