Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) The act of dedicating or the state of being dedicated.
- (countable) A note addressed to a patron or friend, prefixed to a work of art as a token of respect, esteem, or affection.
- (countable) A ceremony marking an official completion or opening.
- (law) The deliberate or negligent surrender of all rights to property.
note prefixed to a work of art
- “dedication” in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “dedication”, in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–.
- "dedication" in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.
- "dedication" in the Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, Merriam-Webster, 1996.