Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The set of natural teeth of an individual
- The type, number and arrangement of the normal teeth of an organism or of the actual teeth of an individual
- 2022, Lindsey Fitzharris, The Facemaker, page 42:
- Can a medical man say just exactly from the necessarily hurried examination he must give of the mouth, and without a special dental knowledge, what constitutes a good dentition?
- An arrangement in an organism or object of projections that resemble teeth
- 2008, Anis Kumar Ray, Fossils in Earth Sciences, page 165:
- As mentioned dentition of bivalves, i.e. teeth and sockets, occur on the vertical portion of the hinge plates of the two valves, which are in contact with each other when the shell is closed.
- The process of growing teeth; teething
set of natural teeth
type and arrangement of normal teeth
process of growing teeth — see teething
dentition f (plural dentitions)