Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: désolation
- The act of desolating or laying waste; destruction of inhabitants; depopulation.
- The state of being desolated or laid waste
- 1823, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Forget Me Not 1824, The Indian Orphan, page 68:
- One or two uncovered masses appeared like the lingering foot-prints of desolation; but in general where the statelier trees had not taken root, the soil was luxuriantly covered with heath and the golden blossomed furze.
- A place or country wasted and forsaken.
act of desolating or laying waste
state of being desolated or laid waste
place or country wasted and forsaken
desolation f (plural desolations)