Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (informal) Closely fought.
- 2011 February 1, Saj Chowdhury, “Sunderland 2 - 4 Chelsea”, in BBC:
- It was first blood to the Black Cats in the ding-dong clash when Bardsley, a right-footer playing on the left, collected the ball from just inside his own half and sped up to the edge of the area before launching an effort which appeared to confuse Petr Cech in goal.
- A sound made by a bell.
- (colloquial) A woman's breast.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:breasts
- (colloquial) A penis.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:penis
- A fight, an argument; a set-to.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:fight
- An idiot.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:idiot
- An attachment to a clock by which the quarter hours are struck upon bells of different tones.
sound made by a bell — see ding dong
- (intransitive) To ring with two tones, like a bell swinging back and forth.