Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Defeated of expectations or hope; experiencing disappointment; let down.
- After all his anticipation, the trip left him deeply disappointed.
- Expressing or indicating disappointment.
- a disappointed tone / face / silence
The following examples illustrate common usage:
- She was disappointed in you. (i.e. Your actions, attitude, etc. disappointed her.)
- She was disappointed with her performance.
- She was disappointed at being left out.
- She was disappointed to be left out.
- She was disappointed that you didn’t go to her party.
defeated of hope or expectation
- simple past tense and past participle of