Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To upset the composure of.
- The embrace disconcerted the daughter-in-law somewhat, as the caresses of old gentlemen unshorn and perfumed with tobacco might well do.
- (transitive) To bring into confusion.
- (transitive) To frustrate, make go wrong.
- The emperor disconcerted the plans of his enemy.
upset the composure
bring into confusion
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.