Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
dormouse (plural dormice)
- Any of several species of small, mostly European rodents of the family Gliridae; also called Myoxidae or Muscardinidae by some taxonomists.
- Glis glis, the edible dormouse
- (Britain) Muscardinus avellanarius, the hazel dormouse.
- (figuratively) A person who sleeps a great deal, or who falls asleep readily (by analogy with the sound hibernation of the dormouse).
A person who sleeps a great deal
- ^ Random House Dictionary, dormouse.