Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
rodent (plural rodents)
- A mammal of the order Rodentia, characterized by long incisors that grow continuously and are worn down by gnawing.
– 2013 May-June, Katie L. Burke, “In the News”, American Scientist, volume 101, number 3, page 193:
- Bats host many high-profile viruses that can infect humans, including severe acute respiratory syndrome and Ebola. A recent study explored the ecological variables that may contribute to bats’ propensity to harbor such zoonotic diseases by comparing them with another order of common reservoir hosts: rodents.
- See also Wikisaurus:rodent
mammal of the order Rodentia
- Count Branicki's mouse
- guinea pig
- mole rat
- prairie dog
rodent (not comparable)
- Gnawing; biting; corroding; applied to a destructive variety of cancer or ulcer.