drink alert (plural drink alerts)
- (slang) A warning that information to follow may cause the reader to laugh unexpectedly and, if drinking, cause drink to exit the nose
- 2001 August 16, Sue Bishop, “NG Has Value - Proof/Drink Alert”, in rec.equestrian, Usenet,
- A while back I heard a perfect description of the idiots who troll around in newsgroups.
- They are called Seagulls. They fly in, make a lot of noise, shit all over everything and then fly off.
- This term is widely used on Usenet newsgroups in the subject headers of messages, to advise readers not to drink while reading the message contents.