Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Reader
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɹidɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɹiːdə/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -iːdə(ɹ)
reader (plural readers)
- A person who reads a publication.
- A person who recites literary works, usually to an audience.
- A proofreader.
- A person employed by a publisher to read works submitted for publication and determine their merits
- (chiefly Britain) A university lecturer below a professor.
- Any device that reads something.
- a card reader, a microfilm reader
- A book of exercises to accompany a textbook.
- A literary anthology.
- A lay or minor cleric who reads lessons in a church service.
- A newspaper advertisement designed to look like a news article rather than a commercial solicitation.
person who reads a publication