Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Relating to the basic, essential or fundamental part of something.
- Relating to an elementary school.
- (physics) Relating to a subatomic particle.
- (archaic) Sublunary; not celestial; belonging to the sublunary sphere, to which the four classical elements (earth, air, fire and water) were confined; composed of or pertaining to these four elements.
relating to the basic, essential or fundamental part of something
relating to an elementary school
relating to a subatomic particle
- Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition, 1989