pocketbook (plural pocketbooks)
- (US) A woman's purse.
- (figuratively) One's personal budget or economic capacity - the amount one can afford.
- (rare) A small book, especially one that can fit in a pocket; a paperback; also a pocket book.
- The publishers brought out small format pocketbooks of the whole of their nature series.
(Can we date this quote?), New South Wales Department of Primary Industries; Risk Management Pocket Guide, (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- The kit is produced in three parts including a pocket book designed to fit into a shirt pocket for everyday on-the-job use, a more detailed guide and a training CD. The kit includes a hazard reporting and feedback notebook and hazard management process prompt cards to remind workers of common hazards they may encounter in day-to-day operations.
- (Britain) A notebook that is small enough to fit in a pocket.