Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Dryer
dryer (plural dryers)
- One who, or that which, dries; a desiccative.
- The sun and a northwesterly wind are great driers of the earth.
- A household appliance that removes the water from clothing by accelerating evaporation, usually though heat and a tumbling motion.
- An electric hair dryer.
- Any other device or substance, household or industrial, designed to remove water or humidity.
- A catalyst used to promote the drying of paints and varnishes by oxidative crosslinking.
- (other drying device): dehumidifier
household appliance for drying clothing
hairdryer — see hairdryer
any device that removes humidity
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.