Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Dryer
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈdɹaɪɚ/, [ˈd͡ʒɹaɪɚ]
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈdɹaɪə/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -aɪə(ɹ)
dryer (plural dryers)
- One who, or that which, dries; a desiccative.
- The sun and a northwesterly wind are great driers of the earth.
- A household appliance that removes the water from clothing by accelerating evaporation, usually though heat and a tumbling motion.
- An electric hair dryer.
- Any other device or facility, household or industrial, designed to remove water or humidity.
- 2004 December 17, Evgenii D. Moniushko, From Leningrad to Hungary: Notes of a Red Army Soldier, 1941-1946, Routledge, →ISBN, page 51:
- At that time, father, brother and I worked as night watchmen at the grain dryer. It was a large and complicated structure built out in the steppe. It consisted of a wooden tower with swinging shelves attached to the inside walls, […]
- A catalyst used to promote the drying of paints and varnishes by oxidative crosslinking.
- (other drying device): dehumidifier
household appliance for drying clothing
hairdryer — see hairdryer
any device that removes humidity
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.