Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The process of flowing out.
- We all age through the efflux of time.
- The efflux of matter from a boil can be painful.
- 1832, Isaac Taylor, Saturday Evening, page 398:
- It is there that the devout affections, undisturbed by other faculties, are incessantly in efflux.
- 1988, Elizabeth Sagey, Degree of closure in complwx segments, Norval Smith, Harry van der Hulst (editors), Features, Segmental Structure and Harmony Processes, Part 1, Linguistic Models 12a, page 176,
- The remaining effluxes are pronounced without audible velar release.
- 2003, Awtar Krishan, Flow cytometric monitoring of drug resistance in human tumor cells, R.C. Sobti, A. Krishan (editors), Advanced Flow Cytometry: Applications in Biological Research, page 55,
- By facilitating efflux of drugs from the intracellular domain, these proteins reduce cytotoxicity and thus confer drug resistance.
- That which has flowed out.
- the efflux of a boil
- Prime cheerer, light! […] Efflux divine.
- 1963, Arnold Reymond, History of the Sciences in Greco-Roman Antiquity, page 31:
- Thus between the earth and the sky there is a perpetual exchange of effluxes following a double way, ascending and descending. From the earth and sea arise effluxes, some dry, others moist.
process of flowing out