Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Gushy; unrestrained, extravagant or excessive (in emotional expression).
- 1997, David Foster Wallace, “A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again”, in A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again, Kindle edition, Little, Brown Book Group:
- All week I’ve found myself doing everything I can to distance myself in the crew’s eyes from the bovine herd I’m part of, to somehow unimplicate myself: I eschew cameras and sunglasses and pastel Caribbeanwear; I make a big deal of carrying my own cafeteria tray and am effusive in my thanks for the slightest service.
- (archaic) Pouring, spilling out freely; overflowing.
- (geology, of igneous rock) Extrusive; having solidified after being poured out as molten lava.
extravagant or excessive
pouring, spilling out freely; overflowing
extrusive; having solidified after being poured out as molten lava