Jump to navigation Jump to search
egghead (plural eggheads)
- (derogatory) A bald person, especially a man.
- 1993, Richard Sandomir, The Joy of Baldness: Men with less hair — and the women who love them, page 164:
- Then no one will know whether you are a genuine egghead or not. Besides, completely bald men are more sensual.
- 2005, Clare O'Farrell, Michel Foucault, page 1:
- His own image as a bald man - egghead - with glasses aids this perception.
- 2018, Balázs Apor, The Invisible Shining: The Cult of Mátyás Rákosi in Stalinist Hungary, 1945-1956, page 52:
- Contemporaries remembered him, for instance, as an egghead, bald as a billiard ball, and an “obese Napoleon."
- A bald head.
- 1962, The Pakistan Review - Volume 10, page Page 43:
- But at the top of the "egghead", the blood vessels become pinched and the flow is blocked.
- 2002, Robert Ross, The Complete Terry Thomas, page 87:
- At one point he even lifts his cap to reveal an egghead bald-cap atop white hair and spectacles.
- 2010, Jena Pincott, Do Gentlemen Really Prefer Blondes?:, page 81:
- Many shave their entire head at the first sign of hair loss, believing that chicks prefer an egghead to a comb-over.
- 2015, Christopher Rush, Penelope's Web:
- His shoulders were so misshapen they almost met over his sunken chest and they were topped by a pointy egghead, bald but for a few short sproutings of hair.
- (derogatory) A coldly out of personal touch intellectual.
pejorative: bald person
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.