Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (physics) The property by virtue of which a material deformed under load can regain its original dimensions when unloaded
- (economics) The sensitivity of changes in a quantity with respect to changes in another quantity.
- If the sales of an item drop by 5% when the price increases by 10%, its price elasticity is -0.5.
- (computing) A measure of the flexibility of a data store's data model and clustering capabilities.
- (computing) A system's ability to adapt to changes in workload by automatically provisioning and de-provisioning resources.
- (mathematics) The ratio of the relative change in a function's output with respect to the relative change in its input, for infinitesimal changes at a certain point.
- Synonym: point elasticity
- The quality of being elastic.
- Her elasticity allowed her to recover quickly.
physics: property by which a material can regain its original dimensions
economics: sensitivity of a variable to changes in another variable
quality of being elastic
adaptability — see adaptability