Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪnˈsɜːkl̩/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪnˈsɝkl̩/
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)kəl
- (transitive) To surround, form a circle around.
- To move or go around completely.
- 1996, Macy Nulman, The Encyclopedia of Jewish Prayer, page 385:
- It is also customary in the Orient and among Sephardim for the mourners to encircle the coffin of an erudite person seven times and recite Yoshayv besayter while making each circuit.
to move or go around completely