Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ənˈkloʊzd/, enPR: ən-klōzdʹ
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ənˈkləʊzd/, enPR: ən-klōzdʹ
- Hyphenation: en‧closed
- Contained; held within a container.
- The gas is completely enclosed within the bottle.
- Surrounded by a wall, fence or similar barrier.
- an enclosed garden
- (music, of a division within a pipe organ surrounded by a wooden box, one or more sides of which contain slats that can be opened or closed in order to increase or decrease volume) Having closed slats.
- (contained): included
- (fenced-in): bounded, confined, encircled, surrounded; castellated (in reference to fountains, cisterns, &c.)
(music) having closed slats
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- simple past tense and past participle of