Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The state of being entrapped.
- The entrapment of the victims in the wreckage made rescue difficult.
- (law) Action by law enforcement personnel to lead an otherwise innocent person to commit a crime, in order to arrest and prosecute that person for the crime.
- A detective asking you to buy illegal marijuana for a dying man would be police entrapment.
- (chemistry) A method of isolating specific cells or molecules from a mixture, especially by immobilization on a gel.
state of being entrapped
action by law enforcement personnel to lead an otherwise innocent person to commit a crime