Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌpɹɑvəˈkeɪʃən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌpɹɒvəˈkeɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- Hyphenation: prov‧o‧ca‧tion
- The act of provoking, inciting or annoying someone into doing something
- Something that provokes; a provocative act
- (emergency medicine) The second step in OPQRST regarding the investigation of what makes the symptoms MOI or NOI improve or deteriorate.
- When it's time to check for provocation ask the patient about what makes their chief complaint better or worse.
act of provoking
provocation f (plural provocations)