- Eye dialect spelling of any.
1862, Various, Continental Monthly, Vol. II. July, 1862. No. 1.:
- FREE--and that the schulehouses war a d--d sight thicker than the bugs in Miles Privett's beds! and thet's saying a heap, for ef eny on you kin sleep in his house, excep' he takes to the soft side of the floor, I'm d--d.
1893, C. C. Goodwin, The Wedge of Gold:
- Ther stranger pays fur eny bow they make, for any smile they give.
1912, Al. G. Field, Watch Yourself Go By:
- Why, he kin sing eny song and do ent cut-up antik eny of 'em kin.
1916, Peggy Edmund & Harold W. Williams, compilers, Toaster's Handbook:
- "Does de white folks in youah neighborhood keep eny chickens, Br'er Rastus?"
- Old spelling of any