Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌɛskɑɹˈɡoʊ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪsˈkɑːɡəʊ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊ, -ɑː(ɹ)ɡəʊ
- (uncountable) A dish, commonly associated with French cuisine, consisting of edible snails.
- 2007, Melissa de la Cruz, Crazy Hot, page 270:
- J. is dating P. at NYU and modeling on the side. They're planning to meet us in Paris for spring break so J. can go to some look-sees (and eat some escargot, obv.).
- (countable) A snail (often Helix pomatia) used in preparation of that dish.
escargot m (plural escargots)
- (Louisiana, Cajun French) calimaçon