Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
esquamulose (not comparable)
- Not covered in scales or scale-like objects; having a smooth skin.
- 1894, James Morrison Crombie, A Monograph of Lichens Found in Britain: Being a Descriptive Catalogue of ..., Adamant Media Corporation, page 164,
- 2006, James Maguire, American Bee: The National Spelling Bee and the Culture of Word Nerds : the ..., Rodale, page 79,
- Yet at the very end, both misspelled esquamulose, meaning without scales, a smooth skin.
- 2007, Author, Spectrum Reading, Grade 5, School Specialty Publishing, page 34,