Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (usually followed by to) Vulnerable, susceptible.
- exposed to light; exposed to water
- The film was not exposed to sufficient light.
- The bike chain is open and exposed to tough environmental conditions such as temperature changes, humidity, rain, dirt and road salt.
- exposed to abuse; exposed to danger
- 2014 April 21, “Subtle effects”, in The Economist, volume 411, number 8884:
- Manganism has been known about since the 19th century, when miners exposed to ores containing manganese, a silvery metal, began to totter, slur their speech and behave like someone inebriated. […] Nowadays workers are exposed to far lower doses and manganism is rare.
vulnerable, open to elements
- simple past tense and past participle of