Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: eye-candy
- A very attractive person or persons, or the salient visible physical attributes of same.
- I'm going to the beach to check out some eye candy.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:beautiful person
- Antonyms: see Thesaurus:ugly person
- 1980, Geoffrey Cowan, See No Evil, Simon and Schuster, →ISBN, page 309:
- But despite his claims that NBC would become “the class act,” not all of [Fred] Silverman's changes seemed aimed in direction of excellence. Unfortunately his rationale for eschewing exploitative “eye candy” seemed to apply to more serious sex-related ventures as well.
- (by extension) Any object or sight with considerable visual appeal.
- Synonym: feast for the eyes
- 2007, Maximum PC (Winter edition, page 3)
- DirectX 10 promises an almost obscene step up in the level of eye candy you can expect from an A-list game, which is the great news. The bad news is, you'll need a new videocard to get those gorgeous graphics.