Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: face-value
Audio (AU) (file)
- The amount or value listed on a bill, note, stamp, etc.; the stated value or amount.
- (idiomatic) No more or less than what is stated; a literal or direct meaning or interpretation.
- Please take this comment at face value and don't try to read anything into it.
- 2020 June 3, Sam Mullins OBE discusses with Stefanie Foster, “LTM: a new chapter begins at 40”, in Rail, page 52:
- Few museums have such a coherent collection that covers so many different areas of interest as the London Transport Museum. At face value, it is a collection of urban transport in London. In reality, it is so much more.
the stated value or amount