fafiation (plural fafiations)
- (fandom slang) The act of fafiating; exiting involvement in fandom due to other obligations.
2004 September 24, Morris M. Keesan, “Fafiation”, in rec.arts.sf.fandom, Usenet, message-ID <email@example.com>:
- Having dropped back into rasff for a bit, I'm now dropping out again. Fall semester has started, and even with lots of filtering and aggressive ignoring of political threads, being a full-time parent and half-time graduate student doesn't leave time for Usenet. Even with three free mornings a week while Joseph's in pre-school.
2008 June, Farey, Nick, “Egotorial”, in This Here..., number 8.5, page 2:
- A little happier, but still drained at this point, fafiation could now occur.
2014, Phillips, Curt, “Who is this “Curt Phillips” person, anyway?”, in Curt Phillips for TAFF!, page 4:
- I leapt at the chance to go to Nursing school. It wasn’t easy, but I made it through — though at the cost of near total fafiation for two years — and today I work as a surgical nurse in a large regional hospital in East Tennessee.
- (fandom slang) The state or result of having fafiated; having exited fandom due to other obligations.
2004 October 18, Doug Wickstrom, “The interminable political argument that swallowed rasff”, in rec.arts.sf.fandom, Usenet, message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
- Something happened to this newsgroup during my fafiation.
2005 January 2, SJ Doc, “Re: Frank Kelly Freas (1922-2005) R.I.P.”, in alt.fan.mike-jittlov, Usenet, message-ID <email@example.com>:
- I'm afraid that I've never met his second wife, Laura Brodian, as (like so many medical fen) I suffered FAFIAtion when I got stuck into building my practice.