Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: failsafe
- That does not cause undue damage in the event of failure.
- The system is failsafe, because everything is backed up automatically.
- Designed to shut off for safety if an emergency occurs.
- 1961 February, “Talking of Trains: Automated trains in New York”, in Trains Illustrated, page 78:
- All equipment is, of course, of "fail-safe" pattern.
that does not cause undue damage
fail-safe (plural fail-safes)
- A device, mechanism or measure designed to make something fail-safe.
device or mechanism
- To compensate automatically, in the event of a failure.
- To make a device or mechanism fail-safe, or to add a fail-safe device or mechanism to an existing system.