Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: failsafe
- That does not cause undue damage in the event of failure.
- The system is failsafe, because everything is backed up automatically.
- Designed for to cause a shut off for safety if an emergency occurs.
that does not cause undue damage
fail-safe (plural fail-safes)
- A fail-safe device or mechanism.
device or mechanism
- To compensate automatically, in the event of a failure.
- To make a device or mechanism fail-safe, or to add a fail-safe device or mechanism to an existing system.