Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see fall, behind.
- (idiomatic, intransitive) To be late (for a regular event)
- You're falling behind with the rent.
- (intransitive) To be progressively below average in performance.
- You could lose your job if you keep falling behind with your work.
- It's not like John to fall behind in maths.
- (transitive and intransitive) to fail to keep up (with)
to be late
to be below average in performance
to fail to keep up