Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Alternative spelling of
- Someone fancy, silly or attractive.
- That fancy-pants came around for you.
- You still with those fancy-pants from downtown.
- overly fancy with little function; newfangled; complicated
- What are you planning to do with that fancy-pants machine?
2002, y Kasey Wilson, Best Places Vancouver, page ix:
- Fortified by years of greasy spoon eating, he's since borrowed nicer clothes to sneak into the more fancy-pants places.
2006, Chris Baty; Karla Zimmerman, Chicago, page 185:
- The front room is a fun, inclusive (read: sing-along) place, with the back reserved for more fancy-pants cabaret events