fancy-pants (plural fancy pants)
- Alternative spelling of fancy pants
- Someone fancy, silly or attractive.
- That fancy-pants came around for you.
- You still with those fancy-pants from downtown.
fancy-pants (comparative more fancy-pants, superlative most fancy-pants)
- overly fancy with little function; newfangled; complicated
- What are you planning to do with that fancy-pants machine?
2002, y Kasey Wilson, Best Places Vancouver, page ix:
- Fortified by years of greasy spoon eating, he's since borrowed nicer clothes to sneak into the more fancy-pants places.
2006, Chris Baty; Karla Zimmerman, Chicago, page 185:
- The front room is a fun, inclusive (read: sing-along) place, with the back reserved for more fancy-pants cabaret events