Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Felicity
- Apt and pleasing style in writing, speech, etc.
- Something that is either a source of happiness or particularly apt.
- (semiotics, semiology) Reproduction of a sign with fidelity. eg. "The quotation was rendered with felicity."
2007 August 7, Joshua Ferris, “Table for Two”, New York Times:
- The season’s main attraction, the felicities of the sun, dimmed in the light of our competition and our growing friendliness.
- (happiness): infelicity
happiness — see happiness
apt and pleasing style in writing, speech, etc.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.