Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) The details, restrictions, terms, or conditions, especially of a contract, often printed in very small type.
- Synonyms: mouseprint, small print
- Before signing up for such an offer, be sure to read the fine print carefully.
- 2003, Michelle Leder, Financial Fine Print: Uncovering a Company's True Value, John Wiley & Sons (→ISBN), page 42:
- One of the biggest problems many investors face is that it can be hard to figure out what's important in the fine print. Even pros who are experienced at reading the footnotes face this problem.
- 2011, Megan Carson, A Year of Blind Dates: A Single Girl's Search for "The One", Revell (→ISBN)
- Did I read the fine print? Of course not. Do I wish I would have? Well, maybe. Who knows, potentially the fine print would have touched on issues like refunds for rude, late or inconsiderate dates.
details printed in small type