Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An electromechanical or electronic bell, klaxon, chime, horn, speaker, strobe light or other device which warns people in a building of a possible fire or other condition requiring evacuation.
- The sound or other warning made by a fire alarm.
- (firefighting) An emergency response to a fire by the fire department with manpower and equipment.
- A four fire-alarm fire ripped through a row of 2.5 story frame dwellings during the early morning hours
device which warns people of a possible fire
sound or other warning made by a fire alarm
response to a fire by the fire department
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.