|aspect / mood
||relative (incl. nominal / emphatic) forms
||fnn, fnnj6, fn2, fnw2 5, fny2 5
||j.fn1, fn, fny, fnw5
||j.fn1, j.fnw1 5, fn, fnj6, fny6
- Used in Old Egyptian; archaic by Middle Egyptian.
- Used mostly since Middle Egyptian.
- Archaic or greatly restricted in usage by Middle Egyptian. The perfect has mostly taken over the functions of the perfective, and the subjunctive and periphrastic prospective have mostly replaced the prospective.
- Declines using third-person suffix pronouns instead of adjectival endings: masculine .f/.fj, feminine .s/.sj, plural .sn.
- Only in the masculine singular.
- Only in the masculine.
- Only in the feminine.