With reference to Genesis 2:17: ‘But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.’ (KJV)
- (biblical) The fruit forbidden to Adam.
- (idiomatic) Illicit pleasure.
- Something desired that cannot be had.
- She was forbidden fruit because she's his teacher. This taboo made him want her even more
- A small variety of shaddock (Citrus maxima), or sometimes other citrus fruits.
- (illicit pleasure): normophilia
the fruit forbidden to Adam