Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- It doesn't matter.
- "What were you saying?" "Oh, it was nothing important – forget it."
- Used a conventional reply to an expression of gratitude.
- "Thank you so much! How can I repay you for your kindness?" "Forget it; it was nothing."
- I don't want to continue with this conversation (usually used in frustration or anger).
- It's raining. I said, "It's raining." Do you hear me? It's raining! Oh, forget it!
It doesn't matter
reply to an expression of gratitude