Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Absolutely not; I forbid it or it is impossible.
- You think you're getting into university with these grades? Well, forget it!
- You said we could go to the mall! —Forget it! Look at the state of this room! You're going to stay here and clean up before you go anywhere.
- It doesn't matter.
- What were you saying? – Oh, it was nothing important, forget it.
- A conventional reply to an expression of gratitude.
- Thank you so much! How can I repay you for your kindness? – Forget it; it was nothing.
- I don't want to continue with this conversation (usually used in frustration or anger).
- It's raining. I said, "It's raining." Do you hear me? It's raining! Oh, forget it!
- Don't let it bother you; put it out of your mind.
- 1966, Fred Ebb (lyrics), John Kander (music), “Willkommen”, in Cabaret:
- So, life is disappointing? Forget it. We have no problems here. In here, life is beautiful! The girls are beautiful! Even the orchestra is beautiful.
It doesn't matter
reply to an expression of gratitude
I don't want to continue with this conversation