from soup to nuts
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (US) From the first course of a meal to the last.
- (idiomatic, US) From beginning to end; throughout.
- We went through the whole agenda, from soup to nuts.
- 1960, P. G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Offing, chapter VII:
- [That cat] is a broken reed to lean on in the matter of catching mice. My own acquaintance with him is a longstanding one, and I have come to know his psychology from soup to nuts. He hasn't caught a mouse since he was a slip of a kitten. Except when eating, he does nothing but sleep.
- (from beginning to end): from A to Z
- "from soda to hock" – from the beginning to the end of a round in the banking card game called Faro
from the first course of the meal to the last
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked