from soup to nuts
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (US) From the first course of a meal to the last.
- (idiomatic, US) From beginning to end; throughout.
- We went through the whole agenda, from soup to nuts.
1960, P. G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Offing, chapter VII:
- [That cat] is a broken reed to lean on in the matter of catching mice. My own acquaintance with him is a longstanding one, and I have come to know his psychology from soup to nuts. He hasn't caught a mouse since he was a slip of a kitten. Except when eating, he does nothing but sleep.
- (from beginning to end): from A to Z
from the first course of the meal to the last
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked